Monday 24 September 2012

Ayr to Arran


Beautiful calm water as I head north to Ayr.
I had to sort some things out with the bank so took a day off in Ayr and a good friend put me up for 2 nights as the weather broke down again. Cheers Phil for looking after me.

When the weather picked up I set off up the coast. The plan was to head up to little Cumbrae then over to Arran. When I reached the Lady Isle just off Troon I decided to paddle straight over to Arran from there. The weather was great and the wind was behind me so I turned my bow in the direction of Arran.


Looking north to Brodick from Hamilton rock

After 10 hours paddling I landed at Sannox Bay. Exausted I went to the pub for dinner. I asked if they were still serving food only to be told the ovens had just been switched off!!!! Arggggghhh......... but they were happy to turn them on again when I explained I had paddled over from Ayr and in need of a good feed. The owner brought me my food and asked why I was paddling round Scotland for charity. After I explained she asked if I was still looking for donations and told me my food and drink were on the house!!!! as long as I didnt kick the Arse out of the whiskies. I thanked her very much and finished my meal and could only manage two pints. Exausted I crawled back to my tent.


Looking south from Hamilton rock to Holy Island

No comments:

Post a Comment